Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Engineer - Simulation & Modelling to work for an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Lead Engineer - Simulation & Modelling will be responsible for leading Mathematical Model development to be used from concept to in-service of highly complex military products. This will involve the development of models and software to support feasibility of new weapon systems, proving new concepts and design trade studies.
Further work will include the development of real time models and models that support growth areas within the business, support algorithm and software development and its testing through Hardware in the Loop and trials programmes that verify and validate modelling; and support performance assessment of contractual requirements that certify the weapon system design.
You will have the opportunity to develop leadership skills in relation to Simulation and Modelling and steer team activities with a strong sense of autonomy, as well as develop stakeholder management skills and build relationships with projects and within your team.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- As Lead engineer you will be responsible for delivery models and modelling tools or software to company programmes.
- You will be capable of adapting or creating solutions to complex technical problems to achieve the end goal with the right level of quality.
- You will coach and guide your team members providing regular feedback to enhance overall team performance and knowledge transfer.
- This role will require stakeholder management to develop plans that coordinate activities and monitor progress.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Ability to lead technical activities and quickly understanding complex technical problems.
- Carryout or manage priorities and activities to deliver on time, cost, and quality.
- An aptitude for Simulation and Modelling activities would be beneficial
- Must have a numerate background, such as, a good Degree or Masters in an Engineering, Mathematics or Science related subject.
- Should have, or are prepared to gain, a good understanding of simulation environments (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, C/C++).
- Understanding of change management and configuration control processes is considered an advantage (e.g. Rational Team Concert).
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems and gather the information needed to drive through to ultimate solutions.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement, coordination and planning would be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present complex information in a simple way.
- Have an awareness of risk management, mitigation, and reporting.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.