Salary: Up to £60,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Cyber Security Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage. This role will be important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The Lead Cyber Security Engineer will Join the Product Cyber Security team providing specialist cyber security solutions across projects the business. You will be delivering effective cyber security leadership and providing the design, documentation, and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Lead the Cyber Security team reporting up to the Head of Cyber Security
- Lead the development of the team locally and the Cyber Security capability in Bristol
- Identify, assess, and manage security risks to systems and then ensure the security measures to address these risks are implemented and confirmed to work
- Input your balanced cyber security technical skills into a project team, taking account of the sophisticated trades and requirements on cyber security design and assurance
- Engage with the wider engineering team and provide cyber security expertise into the engineering lifecycle from initial requirements to operational guidance
- Deliver the project’s cyber security risk management process across the engineering lifecycle and provide guidance and support to the project based on a risk management methodology
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Demonstrable team leadership and a willingness to develop team members and a local Cyber Security capability in Filton.
- The ability to make judgments based on risk, and to engage with difficult decisions related to Cyber Security risk.
- An ability to undertake risk assessments and propose security measures in response across the range of physical, personnel, procedural and technical measures.
- Understanding of MOD and Government information security policy, standards and guidance and the ability to tailor them to the specific needs of our product range.
- A proven delivery focussed mindset, aware of the challenging demands on cyber security design, implementation, and assurance.
- Prior experience of delivering risk management accreditation documents sets for military equipment or similar.
- Demonstrable ability to engage with partners, engineering teams and sub-contractors to provide direction, guidance, and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with Cyber Resilience/NIST 800-160.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.