Lead Construction Buyer
Salary: Up to £55,000 depending on experience
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Phenomenal site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Construction Buyer. The company is an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development, and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
The Lead Construction Buyer role:
Are you an experienced Senior Buyer with a Construction background looking for a new role? Are you looking to be involved in outstanding and exciting construction projects? Are you looking to expand your existing knowledge and skills? Are you looking to work flexibly and dynamically with a role that better suits your lifestyle but gives you a professional challenge?
Come and join our UK Sites and Professional Services procurement team! We lead all aspects of Construction, Facilities Management and Professional Services spend across the Group.
You will work in partnership with our internal customers to lead procurement competitions in the UK, develop our procurement pipeline working with the FM department, champion the right relationships with our collaborators (both internal and external) and Contractors and deliver the right procurement outcomes for the business. This role is one where you will run and build competitions for the UK only.
Your role would sit within "UK Construction and Site Services Domain", which consists of 13 procurement professionals, including 2 Contingent Workers based in Stevenage and Bolton. This Domain leads all aspects of Construction, Facilities Management, offload, temporary worker requirements, external HR requirements and L&D. It is part of a wider international Indirect team of c. 65 people. Indirect Procurement acts as a real business partner and utilises procurement standard process.
We have an excellent reputation for attracting and cultivating talent, developing individual potential, and providing opportunities to learn and grow. We are keen to offer flexibility and hybrid working, making this role outstanding in us being able to tailor the role to meet the individual needs of the right candidate.
There are few procurement roles that offer such a dynamic and flexible working pattern, across a large number of exciting Construction projects and the potential for career development within a growing and constantly evolving company.
Lead Construction Buyer experience required
- Significant practical experience, vocational or academic qualifications
- Good negotiation skills
- Proactive approach/self-starter and able to work under pressure
- Good organisational, planning, and admin skills
- Pragmatic approach to problems & issues
- Good commercial experience in contract terms and conditions including JCT is required
- Knowledge of cost makeup and pricing is desirable but not essential
- Experience in procurement in the Construction Industry and specifically JCT Contracts.
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.