Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Concept Engineer to deliver strike weapon concepts on behalf of a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
The Lead Concept Engineer will generate weapon system concepts and facilitate experiments with the customer community to communicate, explore and test the studies. This is a new programme of work, so there is significant opportunity for the Lead Concept Engineer to shape it as it grows.
This is a high-profile role with interactions across the business including Programmes, Engineering, Sales & Business Development. The role will enable the Lead Concept Engineer to develop a broad skill base, across technology and systems engineering, as well as offer the opportunity to travel internationally. There is opportunity for further professional growth in line with personal development plans.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Exploring customer needs and opportunities
- Concept Generation and Refinement
- Facilitating customer focused Experiments, using a wide range of techniques and tools including war games and synthetic environments
- Influencing future weapon system programme Portfolio planning
- Concept capability analysis and competitor product technical performance analysis
- Informing and creating links with Research and Technology activities
- Co-ordinating concept activity across the Future Systems Department
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- The ability and cultural awareness to work with multiple disciplinary functions supporting technology and concepting, across the business.
- The confidence to embrace the uncertain nature of early concept development to progress towards defining solutions and system concepts.
- The ability and desire to employ new techniques and utilise new ideas and technologies.
- To be adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
- An understanding of concept development and trade studies is essential, experience preferable.
- An appreciation of weapons systems, platforms, and sub-systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external partners.
- Experience of task package ownership and technical delivery
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.