Salary: £48,000 - £55,000 + benefits (Excellent Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Airborne Systems Design Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
The Lead Airborne Systems Design Engineer will deploy and transfer specialist technical skills across the function and in support of the delivery of airborne systems capability. The Lead Airborne Systems Design Engineer will be at the forefront of integration activity, where they will be required to work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.
The Lead Airborne Systems Design Engineer will be joining a motivated and focused Airborne Systems Design team, where communication and the ethos to share information and success is key. There is also opportunity for further professional growth in line with personal development plans.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- You will be a key instigator and contributor to the technical development of tools methods and processes – defining Functional Improvements activities within their domain and then delivering them.
- Develop and maintain their necessary technical expertise and support the development of the expertise of the team in their domain.
- The opportunity to technically influence partners internally, internationally, and with the MoD customers in DE&S and Dstl as required by the assigned programmes.
- The opportunity to develop relationships with technical specialists in suppliers and Platform Design Organisations such as BAE Systems, Boeing, General Atomics, HAL, SAAB etc.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualified in a technical subject such as Physics, Electronics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering or Systems Engineering.
- This is a deeply technical role; you will currently be recognised as a specialist in your area of expertise and will have expertise in one or more of the following:
- Application of Model Based Systems Engineering MBSE
- Interface Definition, Design and Control (interpreting and supporting development of Mil-Std-1760 and Mil-Std-1553
- Live Virtual Constructive Techniques
- Weapon System Architecting [Influencing both Missile and Platform Architecture]; Knowledge of Platform architectures
- You will have a proven track record of working autonomously and will technically represent the business externally.
- Knowledge and experience of the wider airborne systems domain is desirable but there is an opportunity to gain this experience for the right candidate.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.