Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + Overtime, Bonus and benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Working with a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we have an exciting opportunity for a Laser Image Processing & Control Systems Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a challenging and rewarding position within a world class organisation where you will have the opportunity to travel, work with state-of-the-art technologies and influence design. You will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package and the opportunity to develop your career with options of team leadership in the future.
The Laser Image Processing & Control Systems Engineer will be involved in the scientific technology research of a new laser directed energy demonstrator, specifically the aspects surrounding imaging through atmospheric turbulence.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and Qualifications
- Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
- Ideally holding a higher degree (e.g. Masters or PhD) in a physical sciences or engineering discipline
- Significant practical knowledge / laboratory skills using lasers, optics and imaging, with practical industry experience
- Deep understanding in the physics of atmospheric turbulence, and current state of the art compensation techniques
- Ability to automate and control of test and measurement equipment for data capture (such as LabView)
- Record of successful technical work delivered individually and/or as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and often from a blank sheet of paper
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, backed by working knowledge of Office software
- Ability to use well-known computer simulation codes to carry out optical simulations (such as Matlab, Zemax)
- Ability to write computer code to analyse large datasets (such as Matlab or Python)
- Familiarity of systems requirements capture and management
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, this position requires candidates to be able to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.