Salary: Up to £38,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Interconnects Design Engineer to work within a growing interconnects team designing bespoke Electrical Interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data transmission.
The Interconnects Design Engineer will have a unique opportunity to broaden technically within a growing company and high capability design team. The Interconnects Design Engineer will have exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products, which provides a stimulating experience, as well as working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment.
There are plenty of opportunities to learn, take ownership and expand personally to a high level of experience and aspiration, as well as gain the opportunity to travel internationally.
- Designing bespoke cable designs for power, signal & data transmission.
- Interpret Sub-System requirements and from these generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD. Carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Support and liaison with manufacturing to resolve manufacturing problems and defects, plus the support to functional and environmental trials.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Experience in Cable/Harness design.
- Experience on HarnWare or similar CAD package.
- An understanding of Military Defence Standards and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C) would be beneficial, as would D38999 connector understanding.
- Ability to define cable construction based upon electrical constraints (Current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements).
- The ability to provide advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate.
- Work effectively in collaboration with mechanical, electronic designers and relevant project managers.
- An appreciation of Interconnect production/process engineering.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.