Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As an Integration & Systems Validation Engineer, you will undertake a range of Integration and System Validation activities, supplying specialist advice and support to projects as appropriate. This role is to support the integration and testing on both land naval platforms. The Integration & Systems Validation team must deliver multiple integration projects at the same time, and need a cohesive team that can move between these projects both on site and at test facilities in Stevenage.
This is an opportunity at the heart of a major defence project, within a trials team for a suitable individual that will expose and involve them in a wide spread of system level trials. There is the potential for extensive off-site work once the individual has demonstrated that they are suitably experienced in the operation of equipment and processes that need to be followed. The Integration & Systems Validation Engineer will be expected to design tests, debug, conduct, analyse and report the trials as part of the wider trials team.
Duties and expectations
- Trials Planning: Designing and planning trials including Air Carry Trials and Live Firing Trials to ensure that the required data is obtained from the trial.
- Trials Conduct: the conduct of trials activities such as Environmental trials, Electro Magnetic Capability/Electro Magnetic Pulse trials, Hardware-in-the-loop, Safety trials on live ordnance, Flight Trials and Live Firing Trials in both UK and overseas locations.
- Trials data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- The conduct of lab-based compatibility activities.
- Missile preparation and test, including live build activities.
- Design Certification. Production of Design Verification Plans and Certificates of Design.
- Leading and supporting engineering activities on trials sites for various products for customers to demonstrate system operability.
- Leading and supporting demonstrations and customer acceptance trials on complex weapon systems.
- Prepare trials and integration documentation at all stages of a project life cycle.
- Carry out investigations into a full range of engineering problems, and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Define testing approaches and specify tests in assigned/specialist area(s).
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects or work packages, and make an input as required to cross-functional projects/investigations.
Ideally Engineering or Science degree qualified or similar such as HND and Experience of working in one of the following environments:
- System Integration
- Design Proving and Trials
- Missile Test
- Interface Design
- System assessment and acceptance
- Design Verification
- Electrical / mechanical construction and interfacing
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment