Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + Overtime, Bonus, and benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you an experienced Human Factors Engineer looking for an exciting career move where you will be influencing the Human Factors Concept design across a multitude of technical projects that are critical to UK defence and security? If yes, then this could be for you.
The military operating environment is becoming more complex and new technological capabilities are required to ensure operational advantage. The integration of Human Factors is critical to the development of safe, usable, and effective systems. In your role you will be able to directly influence the development of these technologies, engaging directly with the user from early concept through to delivery ensuring that the human-machine relationship is optimised.
Further development, training and career opportunities exist for those who wish to pursue further career development. This includes the occasional business trip both nationally and internationally.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
You will need experience of the application of Human Factors in the development of complex systems. This will include:
- Conducting Human Factors Integration and Human Centred Design processes through the development lifecycle
- Analysis and assessment of the role of the human in complex systems, physical ergonomics, and integration into workspaces
- User Interface prototyping and design
- Conducting user experiments and trials supporting system development.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of the application of Human Factors Integration & Human Factors Engineering
- Relevant Engineering or Science based Degree
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering and disciplines who interact with Human Factors (Supportability, Training, Safety, Equipment)
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, this position requires candidates to be able to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens or UK dual national. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.