Salary: Up to £65,000 P/A D.O.E + excellent benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Modelling and Performance to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As the Head of Modelling and Performance you will be working on the development of complex algorithms and subsystem models. We are looking for an experienced Systems engineer with strengths in team leadership and delivery to drive a medium sized team through the remaining development and certification activities.
Through your leadership as Head of Modelling and Performance, the team will develop algorithms and the modelling framework required to produce software, as well as to predict systems performance alongside an integrated product model. You will also be involved in developing scene generation capabilities, defining studies to explore the performance envelope, and bringing algorithm development through its full life cycle – including auto-coding for delivery.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of other activities within the programme including supporting field trials and helping to craft the company’s industrial capabilities. There are numerous progression opportunities available, as well as interaction with partners across a dynamic multi-national and multi-discipline engineering team.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- Share best practise across the programme and department to ensure efficient, coherent, and clear model deliveries into high profile programmes
- Encourage innovation – for example improved agile methods, process improvements, auto-coding firmware, and preparation for use of machine learning /AI
- Lead the technical development of the products performance on cutting edge hardware
- Be able to bring your experience and insights to accelerate development
- To bridge gaps between different specialist skill groups to deliver coherent and complete performance models
- Strong stakeholder management to deputise for senior leadership and represent the overall product team when required
- Strong programme management skills – including budgets, risks and opportunities
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or a UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.