Salary: Up to £60,000 P/A + benefits (Including Excellent Bonus and Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Highly experienced engineer / engineering manager to lead a Mechanical & Climatic Project department as the Head of the team. You will be joining an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Head of Mechanical & Climatic Project Department will lead the Mechanical & Climatic Project Department, consisting of approximately 27 engineers. The department operates at all stages of the product lifecycle (from concept definition and product development, through design aid and formal qualification, and into in-service support).
The Head of Mechanical & Climatic Project Department will be responsible for the delivery of Environmental Engineering task packages on large Programmes, through the provision of technical management and leadership across the environmental project engineering and data analysis teams.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties include but not limited to:
- To lead the UK Environmental Project Department, applying specialist technical knowledge and advice to projects and sub-contract design authorities, with overall responsibility for UK Project programme deliveries
- Provide expertise in defining Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERSs), including Environmental Proving Plans and Requirements in support of product development
- Provide assessment of all relevant environmental requirements and their interpretation into design and test levels for the complete product and for its sub-systems, while maintaining overall consistency of logic and an efficient approach across projects
- Define cost-effective proving logic and write proving plans with the wider project teams
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience / Chartered Engineer desirable
- Proven people management and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to motivate a team
- Strong technical background in environmental, mechanical, or similar discipline
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical & climatic environments and associated environmental test equipment/facilities
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of shock and vibration analysis and simulation tools would be beneficial
- Experience of environmental defence standards
- Understanding of the environmental life cycle and the key activities across the Product Lifecycle
- Strong Project Management skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment