Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Electronics Engineering Project Management to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage. You will be an experienced professional within the field of Project Management who is able to establish strong and effective working relationships with all stakeholders, along with the ability to lead and motivate others to achieve greater levels of service and professionalism.
The Head of Electronic Engineering Project Management will be accountable for ensuring we have best in class Project Management capability to deliver our electronic development projects to time, cost, and quality. You will line manage a group of approximately twenty-five Engineering Project Managers.
You will be responsible for managing the Electronic Engineering Project Management Group to ensure that the appropriate project management skills and expertise are available and deployed to manage the delivery of our internal electronic development projects. This will involve leading, coaching, training, and mentoring the team to continuously improve capabilities and performance, whilst also managing recruitment, and talent acquisition to maintain an optimum team size and capability. You and your team will support bidding activities and will champion Project Management best practise across the Electronic Engineering function.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- As the Head of the Electronic Engineering Project Management Group, you have full autonomy to develop innovative initiatives to support the continuous improvement of your team whilst shaping the longer-term strategy of the group to meet the future needs of the business.
- You will be working as part of a leadership team devoted to continuous improvement; a team who are passionate about making the Electronic Engineering function the best it can be for both our customers and our employees.
- The Engineering Project Managers in the group are dedicated individuals who are committed to delivering on their promises. They will thrive under your strong leadership and in return will reward you and the business with loyal
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Ideally a degree or Masters in Electronic Engineering, Physics or Science related subject.
- A professional qualification in project management, such as APM (PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g., Prince2 or PMP), with experience of different project management approaches, principles, and methods such as Waterfall and Agile
- Significant experience in project management and leading project management teams/capabilities
- Significant people line management experience
- Understanding of Defence Contracting (i.e., MOD PM methods)
- Working knowledge of engineering design methods and processes
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.