Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Guidance Control & Navigation Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Guidance Control & Navigation Engineer will be involved in all stages of the lifecycle and play a central role in product development. The opportunity will provide the Guidance Control & Navigation Engineer the opportunity to become a key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties and expectations include:
The role will see you carry out a range of activities such as, but not limited to;
- You will be responsible for the development of specific algorithms or studies to support a key programme within the business
- Responsibilities can include concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm, and model validation
- You will be autonomous and will be able to act as a point of contact for GCN’s interactions with the other project teams e.g. Simulation and Modelling, Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality
- An appropriate good Degree or Masters’ with a strong mathematical content e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- Relevant experience of applicable algorithms i.e. Guidance, Control, Data Fusion, Navigation, Image Processing.
- Ideally knowledge and experience of some of the following:
- flight dynamics and aerodynamics
- sensors (e.g. IMUs, GPS, RF, and IR seekers)
- actuation systems in relation to autopilot design and servo control.
- Ideally knowledge and experience of the following:
- The MathWorks products – specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow, C, FORTRAN, and Ada
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future. UK Dual nationals with 5 years continuous UK residency may be considered
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment