Salary: £48,000 - £55,000 P/A + benefits (Including Excellent Bonus and Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Leader for an Electro-Optic Technology team within an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Electro-Optic Group Leader will lead a small team of Electro-Optic Engineers and SMEs and will lead the R&D activities within the department. This is an exciting role, as it will require you to create ‘technology value’ within the Electro-Optic Department, undertaking the external business winning (and delivery), as well as future planning of activities in order to align with the business portfolio.
There will be a requirement to manage internal and external stakeholder relationships as part of this role.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the coordination of EO Technology R&D, across internal and external funding frameworks
- Working with a highly motivated group of SMEs and technologists on the exploitation of next generation EO technologies, such as LADAR/LIDAR and Computational Imaging
- Taking ‘blue-sky’ ideas and turning them into technology demonstrations to support future programme concepts
- Engagement across the business, working with EO counterparts in Germany, France, and Italy
- A broad understanding of electro-optics (EO) and ideally EO imaging technology
- Experience of strong team leadership and practice of team management skills and tasks
- Experience of successfully working on small projects, ideally with academic and/or SME partners, where budget and time constraints were key drivers to the project
- Experience of using technical software packages such as MathWorks and National Instruments products
- A good understanding of system design across the full lifecycle from requirements elicitation and management through to verification and validation
- Awareness of work package management, including risk management, finance control, programme management and reporting
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience in Physics, Electronics, or maths related subjects
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment