Salary: Up to £60,000 p/a + benefits (Excellent Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Ground Trials Manager to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bolton. This role will be important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
Reporting to the Chief Systems Proving Engineer (CSPE), this role will involve the definition and planning of all the activities required to deliver the EMC and Environmental ground trials for the subsequent Design & Manufacturing phase of the programme. It is an opportunity to shape the way in which these trials are conducted within business and looking to use new tool and techniques to reduce time and cost on the programme.
There will be an opportunity to develop a new network, internal and external to the business as well as internationally.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy world class facility.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, Parking / Strong travel links, Coffee Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- Helping and supporting the generation of Environmental and EMC Proving Strategies with the appropriate SMEs.
- Work with the CSPE/Environmental to develop and define strategies.
- Working with the Test and Testability Architect to ensure that all testing requirements for ground trials have been identified for systems / product level testing.
- Support the Equipment stakeholders in enacting the EMC and Environmental Strategies at their level. This also includes the use of DFMEAs and Robustness techniques.
- Working with the suppliers to review their approach to Environmental and EMC proving. Ensure that they have the right activities scheduled in at the right time. This includes input into the generation of statements of work, where appropriate.
- Budget, Schedule, and Resource planning. Management of technical and schedule risk in accordance with the project risk management Plan.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Experience of working on Environmental/EMC proving trials.
- Understand on how to define functional proving requirements for EMC and Environmental Trials.
- Ability to understand technical interface documentation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate at various levels within the business and external agencies.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.