Salary: Up to £65,000 + benefits (Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you a committed leader who is passionate about managing the performance and development of people? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Functional People Manager to help lead and develop engineering teams who are developing technology that is highly critical to national security product performance. This could be just what you are looking for? If interested, then please get in touch.
An engineering appreciation is highly beneficial for some aspects of the role, but a passion, focus, drive and vision to lead a team to deliver successfully is most important. This is a great opportunity to join a world class Electronics Engineering organisation and play a major role in shaping its future.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, and Sports & Social Club plus More
Typical activities include:
- Support/Lead change programmes to meet a dynamic environment delivering equipment critical to the defence of our nation and its front-line forces.
- Deliver high quality development and performance evaluations in order to maximise the potential of our people for today and for the future.
- Lead the development and harmonisation of processes that are fit for the rapid development of cutting-edge technologies.
- Monitor, review, and report progress against technical and schedule deadlines with support from a technical delivery leads and functional team leaders.
- With the help of our Technical Expert community, reinforce technical excellence through robust design activity.
- Support the recruitment process to meet our workload and skills needs.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualified in Electronics, Physics or similar
- The ability to lead by example and empower people
- Manage and lead the wellbeing and development of people, by motivating people/teams to pull together to deliver through the most challenging technical and time bound environments.
- The ability to make the decisions needed when required.
- Work to change fixed mind-sets if necessary to help deliver excellence and go the extra mile when needed.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.