Location: Bristol or Stevenage
Salary: £38,000-£50,000 DOE + Overtime + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Hours 37 p/w
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Fuel Systems Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol or Stevenage. This role will be important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
We have an opportunity for an experienced Aerospace Fuel Systems Engineer to join a team working on fast paced and exciting projects. The team deliver fuel system design solutions, requirements and proving across a range of defence projects.
The Fuel Systems Engineer will focus on fluid mechanical equipment within the fuel system, and the development of 1-d fluid models in support of a number for assessment and development programmes. The tasks can include feasibility studies, system specification and design, trade-off studies, liaison with suppliers, and development of modelling techniques. Our team engages with the systems architects and propulsion engineers to develop the best fuel system for the application.
There is a chance to define the way that fuel systems modelling will be used in future projects, working within a small team to develop fuel systems capability. You will be joining a small yet enthusiastic team, working on a vast range of intriguing, world-class projects.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy world class facility.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, Parking / Strong travel links, Coffee Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What we are looking for
- Ideally, an appropriate bachelor or masters level qualification in a relevant subject, e.g., Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of fluid-mechanical design for fluid system components.
- Working knowledge of at least one fluid system modelling tool, such as Amesim, Flomaster, or SimScape.
- The skills to develop concept design solutions with limited information and changing requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, able to partner, influence and negotiate across the business.
- Positive collaborative behaviours.
- Ideal candidates will have:
- Knowledge of air vehicle fuel system design.
- Knowledge of jet fuels.
- Drive and capability to working on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems.
- Good understanding of, and good working experience in, all phases of the engineering life cycle.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.