Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Team Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth.
This opportunity has arisen to join a fast-paced programme working specifically with Japan as part of a new business venture within the company. The candidate will lead the day-to-day activities within the business, covering a variety of different disciplines, to ensure the successful delivery of the programme.
You will be involved in a high-profile new venture within the business, which will offer the Engineering Team Lead an excellent growth path in the future and would suit someone who is aiming to progress their career with an opportunity to shine within the business.
Travel to Japan is expected, which also offers the opportunity for cultural and language development. An exciting opportunity to be part of the team that could present a lucrative export market for the business.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Providing programme leadership to a multidisciplinary team: Guidance and Control, System Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Design and System Proving
- Delivering a complex programme
- Building a mutually beneficial working relationship with a new customer for the business within a new cultural environment
- Reporting into the New Development Engineering Lead, with visibility to the programme Senior Management Team
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- The candidate should have relevant experience within Missile Systems, Design, proving and ideally exposure to platform integration. The candidate must be comfortable dealing with engineering complexity.
- The candidate will be comfortable in leading a multidisciplinary team and interfacing directly to a complex customer.
- The ability to concisely plan, deliver and report activity progress up to Chief Engineer level is required.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity are necessary. Ability in the Japanese language would be extremely useful, but not essential.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.