Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits
Benefits of working here: Friendly environment, Bonus, Pension, 28 days holiday + more
Are you looking for an exciting new career opportunity in Firmware engineering? Working for an exciting engineering consultancy, who are continuing to grow their electronics and software design teams, you will be an experienced engineer with a strong Firmware design background. You will enjoy working across multiple projects for some of the world’s largest companies in industries as diverse as industrial, energy, transport, life sciences and consumer industries.
The Embedded Firmware Engineer will report to Head of Electronics and Software, and have regular communication with the wider team.
Main duties / key responsibilities Include:
- Development of firmware for embedded products and systems employing wired or wireless communications, sensors, user interfaces and control.
- Use of C and assembly language.
- Development on both bare metal platforms and with embedded OS such as FreeRTOS & Linux.
- Definition of software system architecture, functional requirements, features and use cases.
- Development of high-quality code for production systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as electronic engineering or computer science, with a higher degree such as PhD being desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience developing firmware for embedded products.
- Experience working with the following:
- A range of microcontroller/microprocessor types including Arm-based devices
- Interfacing to peripheral devices such as sensors over SPI, I2C
- Wired communications such as CAN, RS232, RS485
- Wireless communications such as Bluetooth, WLAN, cellular, low power radio
- Real-time signal conditioning and filtering
- Low power or battery powered systems
- Experience of Agile development methodology and task management tools such as JIRA.
- Version control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Experienced using electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers.
- An understanding of the processes and tools needed to develop maintainable high quality embedded firmware.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.