Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electro-Optic Counter Measures Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Electro-Optic Counter Measures Engineer will be part of a small, agile, team performing interesting and varied research into EO/IR sensors and seekers to directly support Air Platform Protection system studies for the UK MoD, as well as technology development for products, both current and future. This varied research requires team members to be adaptable to a range of techniques used to support paper studies, laboratory testing and field trials.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties and expectations include:
- Laboratory/field trial planning and testing – defining testing approaches, specifying tests then evaluating and making recommendations based on the results
- Operation of EOCM Group laboratory Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) facilities
- Undertaking modelling studies on Electro-Optic systems or sub-systems
- Liaison with internal and external customers
- Preparation of Technical Reports and presentations of activities
- Task hold EOCM activities within the group, as required, delivering to time and budget
- Ideally Engineering or Science degree qualified or similar such as HND preferably in an electro-optics, electronics, or physics background
- Knowledge of optical theory (not necessarily to degree level)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, ideally with experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience with MATLAB preferable (training can be provided)
- Ideally a good understanding of basic electronic circuit design (analogue and/or digital)
- Inquisitive approach to analysis and drive to improve understanding of system behaviours
- Ideally good mechanical skills for the assembly/disassembly of laboratory equipment
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future. UK Dual nationals with 5 years continuous UK residency may be considered
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment