Electronics Design Engineer
Salary: Up to £38,000 + benefits – (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Working within a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer to join the team to support production activities and act as an interface between the design teams and manufacturing.
This role provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the transition of designs into production and to be part of a team that is the first port of call when problems occur. The problems can be varied and technically complicated and often aren’t what they first appear to be.
Electronics Design Engineer key activities
This role involves performing a range of tasks in support of the more experienced Production Design Support Engineers across the product set that they support. These tasks will be carried out in accordance with all relevant processes, quality, and other requirements. They will include:
- Electronic design tasks and investigations, including the design and build of test and diagnostic aids.
- Investigating problem reports raised by manufacturing teams and proposing and implementing solutions,
- Writing technical reports and keeping investigation logs,
- Liaising with various teams in the manufacturing facility at and the design teams
- Looking after a small lab area ensuring tools are available, equipment’s are in calibration and ensuring general tidiness of the area.
Electronics Design Engineer skills and qualifications required:
- Ideally have a qualification in Electronics (e.g. HNC/HND or equivalent) or a closely related subject.
- Experience in the design of electronics (the wider this experience the better) and preferably (but not essential) in the defence industry.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing, resolving manufacturing issues and supporting the transition of product into production.
- Be able to write clear and concise engineering documentation (including reports and investigation logs) and have good verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Be pro-active, motivated and tenacious in resolving issues and generating solutions to problems whilst under time pressure.
- Work well in a multifunctional and multi-skilled team environment supporting knowledge transfer to/from colleagues
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a challenging and rewarding position within a world engineering environment where you will have the opportunity to influence and impact the successful delivery of products, central to business success.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment