Salary: £30,000 to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Overtime and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We are looking for a Directed Energy Technology Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth. The Directed Energy Technology Engineer will develop high power Radio Frequency devices and systems, and be part of a multidisciplinary team working on novel solutions for future Directed Energy Systems.
The Directed Energy Technology Engineer will have opportunity to work on world-class technology for early concept definition and development of new Directed Energy defence systems. This will provide the opportunity to take on technically challenging projects and to exercise your enthusiasm and creativity. Work on projects will vary from a few weeks of concept evaluation to several years developing advanced technology demonstrators.
There will be frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects and the opportunity to lead or contribute to the development of demonstrator prototypes under customer or PV funding. As part of this, there will be access to a large suite of laboratories, including anechoic and screened test chambers and extensive high-voltage test facilities, supported by state-of-the-art test equipment.
You will enjoy a high level of autonomy and will have ready access to in-house experts to supplement knowledge, and will gain the opportunity to move within the team to gain experience of new areas (technical, project management, systems engineering, trials)
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Successful candidates will work as part of the RF Technologies group and will be responsible for carrying out research and development of high-power Radio Frequency transmitters and pulsed power equipment, either as part of a larger team or on individual projects.
- The role includes task/project definition, concept generation, design work and laboratory testing.
- Depending on the role Level it may include definition, management, and delivery of tasks of a size 1 or 2 people per year.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Ideally you will be Degree qualified in a relevant technical discipline with at least 2 years’ experience or PhD qualified in an electronics or physics discipline looking for your first position.
- A demonstrated ability to identify creative solutions to complex technical problems
- Candidates will ideally have experience in several of the following areas:
- electromagnetics, high power electromagnetics, high power RF technology or pulsed power
- use of electromagnetic, electrostatic and circuit simulation tools, such as CST Studio Suite, Altair Hyperworks, COMSOL & PSPICE
- Use of tools such as Matlab and Simulink
- Managing the administrative, customer and supplier requirements of technical projects
- Candidates must be willing to undertake the DV process at the earliest opportunity.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.