Location: Stevenage or Bristol
Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Data Link Modelling Engineer? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Physicist, Electronics Engineer or Mathematician to work as a Data Link Modelling Engineer for a world leading business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? If interested, then please get in touch.
The Data link Modelling Engineer will Join a Data Links Systems team, working on the development and modelling of military radio communication systems. This growing team is split between Bristol and Stevenage, so the company are open to considering both sites as your home location, with a good blend of home and office working.
You will gain expertise in military communications technology and data link modelling techniques, as well as access to some of the most state-of-the-art major testing facilities and design tools available. There will also be support through formal and on-the-job training to help broaden knowledge, and exposure to a vast range of programmes both domestically and internationally
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- You’ll carry out modelling and assessment for RF systems across a range of projects to support research and development as well as product development for customer programmes.
- You will carry out system performance modelling, assessing performance against system requirements, and validating RF systems models against trial results.
- You will help develop novel solutions to complex communications problems and help shape future research by collaborating with academia and industry partners.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree level qualification in relevant STEM field (or equivalent experience)
- Proficient in Matlab and Simulink
- Familiarity with RF theory or RF system design (desirable)
- Experience in C or C++ (desirable)
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.