Location: Stevenage or Bristol
Salary: Up to £55,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage. This role will be important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Identify, assess, and lead security risks to systems and then ensure the security measures to address these risks are implemented and validated to work
- Input your balanced cyber security technical skills into a project team, taking account of the complex trades and requirements on cyber security design and assurance
- Collaborate closely with the wider engineering team and provide cyber security expertise into the engineering lifecycle from initial requirements to operational guidance
- Deliver the project’s cyber security risk management process across the engineering lifecycle and provide guidance and support to the project based on a risk management methodology
- Represent Cyber Security across project engineering functions and contribute to the project’s Security Working Group
- Produce the project risk management accreditation document set and engage with the project collaborators with a focus on delivering against project achievements.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- An ability to undertake risk assessments and propose security measures in response across the range of physical, personnel, procedural and technical measures.
- Understanding of MOD and Government information security policy, standards and guidance and the ability to tailor them to the specific needs of our product range
- A validated delivery focussed mind-set, aware of the exciting demands on cyber security design, implementation, and assurance
- Awareness of systems engineering, electronics, software technology and development principles.
- Prior experience of delivering risk management accreditation documents sets for military equipment or similar
- Proven ability to engage with partners, engineering teams, and sub-contractors to provide direction, mentorship, and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions.
- Understanding of systems and security verification, validation, testing, and evaluation approaches, including HMG Information Assurance schemes and processes
- A curiosity about emerging risk assessment approaches and next generation security functions and approaches.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.