Cyber Security Capability Engineer
Salary: Circa £75,000 depending on experience
£510 per month car allowance
Bonus of up to 35.5% of base salary
Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
Annual salary review
25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
Excellent career progression and development opportunities
The Cyber Security Capability Engineer role:
The Cyber Security Capability Engineer will provide specialist Cyber Security advice and support across programmes and pursuits within the business, delivering effective information security solutions for complex systems and their associated sub-systems, providing advice and guidance to support security approval and accreditation activities.
The role will provide a variety of project work that will enable you to apply the breadth of your information assurance skillset and experience and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
Cyber Security Capability Engineer:
- To provide business driven advice on the management of security and information risk management consistent with Government cyber security/IA policy, standards and guidance or with relevant industry or commercial guidance.
- Drive beneficial security change into the business through development or review allowing a balance of information risk against cost of countermeasures, and conformance to the relevant security policies
- Identifying security risks within complex weapon systems, products and solutions and ensuring that those risks are addressed by the implementation and delivery of effective and balanced security measures.
- Design and develop solutions to complex Cyber Security problems that meet the business and operational needs, including cryptographic design activities.
- Engaging with both internal and external stakeholders, engineering teams and sub-contractors to develop the strategic Cyber Security direction for the business.
- Provide support & guidance to the FC/ASW UK & International stakeholders and FCAS team on all aspects of cyber security
- Participate as a panel member of all TEX Design Reviews before each of the individual product gates providing recommendations on all aspects of Cyber Security.
- Provide support to the business by means of evaluating suppliers & competitors and by providing support to all bids both domestic and export.
- Liaise with and Influence customers, accreditors and technical authorities so that they have an understanding of the business’ Cyber Strategy, The risks posed to our strategic products and technology roadmaps.
- Influence the policies & standards within the External UK Cyber Security community in order to ensure that our solutions will provide the correct level of documentation and evidence to meet MOD security accreditation requirements.
- Mentor and coach engineers within all functions so that Cyber Security becomes part of their thought process through the entire engineering lifecycle.
- Generate training material, propose innovations and claim patents on Cyber Security topics
Cyber Security Capability Engineer experience required:
- Experience in generation of information security Risk Assessments, Risk Treatment Plans and Risk Management and Accreditation Documents.
- You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of MOD and Government information security policy, standards and guidance and the ability to tailor them to the specific needs of our weapon system product range.
- Knowledge / appreciation of systems engineering, electronics principles, software technology and development principles.
- Preferably exposure of Cyber Security across the Systems Engineering Development Lifecycle.
- Experience in the specification and development of effective and balanced information assurance solutions, methodologies or approaches.
- Understanding of systems and security verification, validation, testing and evaluation approaches, including HMG Information Assurance schemes, standards and processes.
- You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge / exposure in contributing and adherence of cost, schedule, and technical performance trade-offs
- Experience of key generation, key distribution, cryptographic handling and storage, and implementation of cryptographic designs.
- Experience and understanding of external assurance and certification processes and stakeholder, including the ability to influence and advise on these processes.
- Broad understanding of the impact of Cyber Security practice on peripheral or core project activities, and expertise to balance project demands with suitable Cyber Security process
- Experience in the application of Secure Operations and SyOPs and the impacts on the end Users
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.