Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + Overtime, Bonus, and benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career move where you will be able to influence the design, development and integration of communication & network technologies that are integrated in to complex electronic systems that are critical to UK defence and security? If yes, then this could be for you.
As a Communications Systems Engineer you will have a key role in the Systems Engineering team responsible for the design, development and integration of communications and network technologies into complex systems for defence related products.
The Communications Systems Engineer will operate in a multi-disciplinary team delivering communications systems across the whole systems engineering and project lifecycle. The Communications Systems Engineer will harness their passion for communications technology and technical delivery to deploy complex modern systems into military service, and work on technologies at the cutting edge of design, able to deliver products that customers can rely on.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Definition of the project communications architecture(s)
- Analysis of input requirements,
- Network performance modelling
- System modelling using model-based system engineering (using Rhapsody)
- Requirements engineering (using DOORS)
- Hardware (equipment) and software requirements definition
- System validation and verification
- Management of risks / opportunities and non-compliances
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in relevant engineering field
- Understanding of systems engineering processes (including System Specification, System Test, and Integration)
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML and UML, preferably using Rhapsody
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management (Dimensions or RTC)
- Experience of engineering product delivery, trade-off analysis and technical problem solving
- A team player who champions collaboration and communication
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, this position requires candidates to be able to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens or UK dual national. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.