Location Milton Keynes
Salary Up to £25,000 p/a plus benefits
Hours 39.5 per week
We have an excellent opportunity for a CNC Machinist / Assembler to become part of the toolroom team at a Milton Keynes based Automation and Tooling specialist.
You will join a small toolroom team responsible for producing component parts, sub-assemblies, fixtures & fittings for bespoke automated equipment. Responsibilities include programming, setting-up, manufacturing, checking & assembling complex parts in a range of specialist metals and polymers.
As well as your primary responsibility (making the parts) you will be expected to carry out basic assembly of those parts into jigs, fixtures, tools and, depending on aptitude/willingness, carry out some of the work associated with building our automated process machines.
As well as an appropriate engineering qualification (L3>) or equivalent (time served) apprenticeship, you will ideally have 3 years demonstrable experience in this discipline, preferably at a smaller company, with a sound knowledge and appreciation of safe working practices.
As with all small companies, there is the opportunity for the right person to progress here and learning to assemble, set up, calibrate, and operate the finished (automation) equipment.
The key skills we are looking for would be defined as follows:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and program, prepare, set up and operate CNC machines
- Provide objective input/feedback and discuss effects/implications of part design with the design lead
- Capture and feedback on any all production modifications (redlines) for drawings to be updated
- Be able to take a concept/sketch of either a part or modification and create the data for manufacturing
- Be able to carry out basic assemble of jigs, fixtures & tools
- Willingness to work (paid) overtime at short notice during critical phases of projects
- Familiarity with Hurco 3-axis CNC equipment
- Ability to set up and operate a basic manual 3-axis mill & lathe
- Experience in using MasterCam & SolidWorks
- Ability to use CMM measuring equipment (e.g. Faro, Trimos, etc.)
Additional (personal skills & characteristics)
- Some experience of assembly work such as pneumatic, electrical, etc. (can be a hobby or otherwise)
- Ability to communicate and discuss work related matters with colleagues and customers
- A robust sense of humour and a pragmatic & flexible approach to work
Hours of work are 8:00 – 5:00 Monday to Thursday & 8:00 till 1:30 Friday, 4 weeks leave, rising to 5 weeks after 5 years’ service. Private health insurance upon completion of probationary period. Workplace pension scheme.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment