Location: Oxfordshire / Home Based
Salary: Up to £88,000 plus benefits
Hours: Average 37.5 hours per week across a 2-week period
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Chief Systems Engineer, to join a global industry leader in the Space, defence, and Security Sector, where you will be responsible for the delivery of a complex Space Systems programme.
The Chief Systems Engineer will operate around the Space sector campus in Harwell, in the heart of the UK's space technology centre. The role will also require travel within the UK and internationally, engaging with internal and external stakeholders. This is an opportunity to be part of the formation of a new UK Space Systems business, backed by a global industry giant.
Activities include (But not limited to):
- Accountable for overall engineering technical, cost, and schedule performance on UK aspects of the Skynet EC program.
- Member of Program Integrated Team and primary engineering interface with Program Office / Customer for all programmatic items. Responsible for the technical integrity of the product to meet Customer needs within cost/schedule constraints.
- Ensure engineering aspects of the program support the companies Space’s aspiration of Skynet EC as a pathfinder for “digital transformation”, being a fully digital program from the start.
- Provide technical/engineering leadership to Space based systems and services integration and service provision.
- Lead the development and commissioning of manufacturing facilities to support key LMS programmes in the UK.
Essential Skills Required
- You will be considered an expert in the field of UK MOD Satellite Communications across the space, ground, and control segments.
- You will have significant technical and leadership experience with demonstrated expertise in System of Systems integration programs.
- You will also have significant experience in:
- Engineering Management within a Defence engineering and regulatory framework.
- Management of Technical Risk.
- Resource planning, competency management, established ability to develop technical talent.
- Control Account Management
- Eligible to attain Chartered Professional Engineer in a relevant institution.
- Broad knowledge of other space related fields such as PNT/GNSS, earth observation, geospatial intelligence, and space situational awareness
- Experience as a system engineer in a commercial environment, ideally with a Defence Prime
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.