Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including Overtime and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We are looking for a Certification Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth. The product and project team have both a long history and exciting future with multiple contracts to deliver and many future business and export opportunities in the pipeline.
The Certification Lead will be an enthusiastic engineer, who will own the delivery of a complex Missile system Design Certificate to enable entry into service for UK and International customers and to achieve flight clearance on multiple platform types. The opportunity involves working closely with Customers to achieve evidence acceptance, gaining visibility and recognition through delivery of key contractual milestones
The business is very keen to help their staff develop further and gain industry wide recognition, as well as the opportunity to work on very exciting projects. There will be an opportunity to gain Exposure to a wide range of external stakeholders enhancing your influencing, negotiating and task management skills along the way.
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- The role is to plan and execute the system certification tasks for a missile, which include:
- Managing certification tasks (at all levels) and liaison with the project team, the equipment teams, Airborne Systems Integration, Technical excellence, and the wider certification community
- Shaping and influencing the systems approach to the certification of Integration Assets for three or more platforms
- Managing the delivery of certification activities to support platform integration programmes
- Generating and maintaining the certification evidence at weapon system, system, and sub-system level
- Presenting evidence to stakeholders including the platform design authorities and the MoD
- The potential to grow the role into other Systems disciplines that support Platform Integration activities
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Degree, HND or HNC qualified in a relevant technical discipline with at least 5 years’ experience
- Ability to influence a wide range of external stakeholders (MOD and Platform Authorities)
- Experience of delivering missile system design certificates, liaising, and negotiating with project and equipment teams to gain their inputs
- A sound understanding of Design Verification and Certification process at overall system and sub-system level
- Experience of generating and capturing certification evidence into compliance statements
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues and priorities concurrently
- Previous experience of delivering trial clearance and/or design certification documentation
- People and/or task management experience (expected to develop during the role)
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.