Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 P/A + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & More)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an Cable / Harness Design Technical Lead to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
As the Technical Lead, you will be managing Cable / Harness / Interconnect work packages across the product range to deliver design solutions for the creation of bespoke cable designs. To do this you will use customer, environmental and technical requirements to define manufacturable solutions delivered on time, on cost and on quality.
An understanding of the needs of interconnects in different environments and the effect on their design and manufacture would be highly beneficial, as would being a proactive team member who can work effectively in collaboration with other disciplines to prioritise, delegate and/or manage multiple requirements.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Specific responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for making sure the workload is planned, budgeted correctly and that all design reviews and documentation are held/created at the correct time with the appropriate audience.
- You will be working with multiple departments and external suppliers to plan, implement, and improve solutions whilst dealing with opportunities and challenges as they arise as an individual and/or part of a team.
- Your will be responsible for interpreting written and verbal requirements to plan and manage work packages in an agile way – aiming for the gold standard but understanding that is not always the required solution.
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified in an appropriate technical discipline such as Electrical, Electronic or Electro-mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrable experience of managing work packages.
- Proven experience of Interconnect/Cable/Harness design.
- An appreciation of Interconnect manufacturing process.
- The ability to work to required timescales, identifying, and addressing critical aspects as a priority.
- The ability to work effectively in collaboration with other disciplines - mechanical, electronic designers, and relevant project managers etc., underpinned by strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to have a proactive approach, and be motivated to balance cost, quality, and schedule; simultaneously giving due consideration to Design for Manufacture and Design for Test.
- A positive attitude to understand and improve not only the product but also tools, process, and oneself.
- Whilst not essential, it would be great if you can demonstrate an understanding of the product life cycle, Military Defence Standards, and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C).
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.