Salary: Up to £55,000 + Overtime, Bonus, Pension & Flexible working
Hours 37 hours per week
Working within a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have an excellent opportunity in a Guidance, Control & Navigation (GCN) team for an Algorithm Development Team Lead to work on the once in a generation Future Combat Air System project.
The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers who develop and maintain algorithms for the next generation of Air Domain Weapon Systems including FCAS/Tempest. This includes the development of algorithms for Autonomous Systems, Intelligent Systems, and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The Autonomous Systems Team Lead will act as the GCN technical interface for the algorithm team in managing relationships with internal stakeholders and partners companies and to develop new partnerships with external companies. As a team you will develop ground-breaking technological innovations through all stages of the lifecycle.
We believe strongly in people and team development and there are opportunities to develop your career across a range of futures such as a technology specialist or functional/project manager.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy world class facility.
- Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, Parking / Strong travel links, Coffee Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Skills & experience required:
- You will have strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience of algorithms development
- Experience of leading a team
- A keen curiosity about innovative technologies and their applications
- Relevant degree qualification or equivalent experience in a subject with mathematical content (e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics)
- Relevant PhD/ Post-Doctoral experience is beneficial
- Experience of algorithm research and / or product development and support is beneficial
- Experience working with eternal partners
- Domain knowledge such as Command and Control, Dynamic Systems, Sensors, and Autonomous Systems or similar technical knowledge is beneficial
Please only apply if you qualify and are willing to gain UK security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future. There may be some cases where UK / Dual Nationality can be considered but some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.