Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + Overtime, Flexi-time, Bonus and benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Working with a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we have an exciting opportunity for an Antenna Design Engineer, specialising at RF level. If you have the enthusiasm and determination to succeed, then this could be the role for you. The Antenna Design Engineer will be involved in developing Antennas for Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) and wideband passive sensors
There will be extensive development opportunities for the Antenna Design Engineer, as well as the opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative RF Antenna Design Concepts from complex requirements, as well as the opportunity for travel to facilities in the UK and Europe, and customer sites around the world
Antenna Design Engineer - Duties include but are not limited to;
- The role encompasses the detailed design of novel Antennas for the next generation of multimode seekers based on Active Electronically Scanned Arrays and wideband passive sensors for Anti-Radiation Modes (ARM) and cooperative and non-cooperative bi-static radar.
- This position involves the design and development of novel antenna sub-system solutions to support higher level product developments. This will encompass creating, analysing and prototyping designs that, whilst constrained by limited available physical space and a harsh operating environment (vibration, shock, thermal, etc.) will still meet tough customer specifications and requirements.
- Other duties can be discussed if interested.
Skills and Qualifications
- Likely to be degree qualified in Electronic Engineering, Physics or a closely related subject, preferably specialising in antennas and EM propagation.
- Proven experience in antenna design and product development covering a range of microwave frequencies; experience of UHF and/or frequencies in excess of X-band an advantage.
- Solid knowledge on EM theory and expertise with EM simulation tools such as CST or HFSS; experience of using these tools in a High-Performance Computing Cluster would be an advantage
- Experience with the characteristics and design of various antenna types is required.
- Ability to perform post-processing of data using tools such as MATLAB or Mathcad is required.
- Good knowledge of transmission line theory and impedance matching circuits.
- Knowledge of Radar Cross Section analysis and techniques for signature control would be desirable.
- Hands-on experience performing S-parameter measurements and antenna pattern measurements, using anechoic chambers in development and production lab environments observing ESD precautions and quality controls, including an ability to instruct external test houses, is essential.
- A good understanding of the complete product development process preferably for defence products is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on-time and build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills being able to communicate with all levels effectively; able to challenge, negotiate and influence to achieve a desired goal/outcome.
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, this position requires candidates to be able to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.