Salary: Up to £50,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Algorithm Systems Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol. This role will be important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
We are looking for experienced Algorithm Systems Engineers to join a growing team to perform activities including algorithm development and systems studies. There are roles available across multiple programmes entering their assessment phases, working to develop and deliver cutting edge technologies including Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) and highly integrated multi-mode sensors.
You will have the scope to get involved in a variety of systems tasks, and plenty of opportunities to innovate and drive the technical scope of the programmes. We are a specialist and diverse team, so you will also be able to develop your skills and will be fully supported in doing so. We want you to have passion for the industry and technology, and we can help you develop your career and give you exposure to some incredible technologies and products.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- As part of the role, you will be involved in a number of activities including many of the following:
- Development of algorithms.
- Identifying studies that demonstrate the algorithm is fit for purpose and identifying future changes required as a result of any deficiencies.
- Interacting with a wide network of stakeholders across multiple domains.
- Integration of algorithms within a complex Seeker model.
- Undertaking and documenting system studies and performance analysis.
- Encouraging innovation – for example improved agile methods, process improvements, and use of machine learning / AI in the products.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualification in an electronics or science related subject
- Essential experience:
- Algorithm development.
- Identification, Planning and Running of investigations to inform systems design.
- Data analysis.
- Working as part of a team or individually.
- Desirable experience:
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing.
- Technical report writing.
- Modelling and coding (significant experience of MATLAB and ideally Simulink).
- Experience in forming hypotheses and creating the method to prove them.
- Machine Learning and AI.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.