Location: Bristol or Stevenage
Salary: Up to £55,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Algorithm Specialist to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol. This role will be very important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The Algorithm Specialist will develop Algorithms using MATLAB and Simulink, in the areas of Control, Navigation, Guidance, Tracking, Data Fusion, and Mission Planning as a key member of the Guidance, Control & Navigation team.
The team is delivering algorithms across the full life cycle of our products from technology concept to in-service support. These algorithms are key enablers to achieving the performance needs of current and future product portfolio and system requirements.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- You will cultivate a broad and in-depth knowledge across a variety of applicable fields and topics.
- You will work on complex and exciting concepts and products as part of a passionate team of specialist engineers. You will interact with other subject areas like Simulation and Modelling, Image Processing, Software, Navigation Sensors, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation, Seekers & Sensors, Datalinks and Technical Quality.
- We are exposed to ground-breaking technological innovations and our Engineers play a meaningful role through the development of our complex weapon systems in all stages of the lifecycle.
- We believe strongly in people and team development and there are opportunities to develop your career across a range of futures such as a technology specialist or functional/project manager.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience in a subject with mathematical content (e.g., Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science)
- Specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
- A keen curiosity about innovative technologies and their applications
- Relevant Post-Doctoral or Industrial experience is a strong advantage
- Domain knowledge such as Flight Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Sensors, Servo Systems, Actuators, Autonomous Systems, Robotics, Mechatronics,
- Algorithms knowledge such as Modern/Classical Control, Navigation, Data Fusion, Tracking and Guidance, Machine Learning
- Tools and Libraries such as MATLAB, Simulink, Python, C/C++, Py Torch, Open AI-Gym/Universe, Model based design
- Experience of algorithm research and / or product development and support
- Relevant read across knowledge and skills from complementary subject areas is welcomed
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.