Salary: Up to £48,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Algorithm Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol. This role will be very important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The Algorithm Engineer will develop Algorithms using MATLAB and Simulink, and test the resulting development to gain conclusions, and work with other department such as Software to work out how the Algorithm will be implemented.
The Algorithm Engineer will have opportunities for progression in technical and managerial directions, and to work internationally. With continuous professional development, the Algorithm Engineer will grow into a highly experienced, technical professional, who could realise further opportunities for promotion and work on varying technical programmes.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Algorithm development and test using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Collaboration with the systems team to understand how the algorithms will be used, and with the software team to appreciate how they will be implemented.
- Opportunities to influence:
- How we develop algorithms within the team and more widely within the business.
- How the team grows and adapts to meet evolving technological needs.
- Experience gained rapidly to meet immediate project needs.
- Training on our products, and on the analysis used by the algorithms we develop.
- Responsibility through task ownership.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- A numerate graduate or post-graduate qualification.
- An aptitude and willingness to work with mathematics.
- A commitment to quality and the procedures we follow to ensure it.
- Any experience in any of the following areas would be highly beneficial:
- Mathematical analysis
- Numerical simulation
- Machine learning
- Software development
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.