Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (including Pension, Overtime, Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Airborne Systems Integration Engineer to join a world leading innovative business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? The opportunity will present the successful applicant with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business. Are you interested?
The Airborne Systems Integration Engineer will be working in a focused team that delivers weapon integration programmes working closely with specialists within the business, platform design authorities and government organisations.
The Airborne Systems Integration Engineer will have good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration, whilst increasing their knowledge and experience across a broad range of disciplines. The role will have both office based and field-based elements and will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What you will be doing:
- Working with various stakeholders to establish an integration plan that facilitates the integration of a complex air launched weapon system onto a wide range of fixed wing platforms.
- Delivery of integration programmes to time and cost; ensuring that the integration is safe and maximises the weapon capability to the end user.
- Produce and agree integration requirements, interface control documentation & the platform to missile interface with SMEs and platform authorities to define the integration activity and to ensure that customer needs can be met.
- Establish integration trials campaign requirements with platform and government authorities; identifying facility and equipment needs and the data required to certify the integrated weapon system & support the subsequent trials activities.
- Deliver the certification of the integrated product and the associated certificates of design.
Skills and Qualifications:
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) OR HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
- Broad understanding of multiple general engineering disciplines e.g., electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- While not essential, knowledge of MIL-STD-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 would be beneficial
- Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms would be beneficial
- Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy
Please Note: This role requires reasonable travel in the UK and could involve some travel overseas in Europe, (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you have not been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.